The mission of the Trombone Shorty Foundation is to perpetuate the musical heritage of New Orleans through music education, instruction, mentorship and performance to prepare young, underserved musicians for success in music and in life.
The Foundation established The Trombone Shorty Music Academy in 2013 and added a new program, The Fredman Music Business Institute, in 2014, both partnerships with Tulane University. The programs offer quality music performance and music business education to motivated high school students by nurturing their talent and allowing them to prepare for a career in music.
The programs provide:
- Experienced, professional teachers, tutors and mentors
- Relaxed, fun and supportive atmosphere that inspires and motivates
- A comprehensive understanding of New Orleans’ musical traditions
- Experience in music performance, reading and writing
- Instruction on the business side of the music industry
Supporting the Trombone Shorty Foundation:
- Preserves and perpetuates New Orleans’ unique musical culture
- Provides students a way to express themselves and to pursue their passion
- Offers under-served youth positive social interaction
- Enhances students’ brainpower and academic performance
“When you look at people like Louis Armstrong, he was the new thing of his time. He took from whatever came before and created something new.” Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews
Click on the button below and you will be taken to PayPal where you can donate either with a credit card or with your PayPal account.×